West Pune is home to some of the attractive and popular destinations for residential housing. While Pune has various affordable localities spread across the city, the western locality scores high on proximity to the industrial belts and business parks. In the past few years, West Pune remained high on consumer preference charts, with maximum individuals preferring to buy 2 BHK apartments in Pune. The average budget ranging is between 50 lakh to 1 Cr.
West Pune has evolved as one of the prominent real estate corridors, overtaking the other parts of the city. The locations that highly attracted the demand for residential properties in Pune West are – Kothrud, Wakad, Aundh, Baner, Hinjewadi, Pashan, Balewadi, Pimple Saudagar, Bhugaon, and Bavdhan.
Major reasons behind the rapid demand for residential housing in these localities are; its flawless connectivity, strategic location, advantageous connection to the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, high on serenity and natural beauty. On top of it, IT industries and business hubs makes it a desirable address for every prospective buyer.
Top advantages of buying a property in West Pune are as follows:
- The city’s western corridor also has an easy approach to cities like Mumbai, Satara and Kolhapur via the Pune-Bangalore highway
- In comparison to the other parts of the city, Pune’s western side is high on serenity and natural beauty
- Housing solution in west Pune comes packaged with good infrastructure, transport links, easy proximity to schools, colleges, banking, shopping centres, eateries and medical facilities
- Some areas have witnessed the massive social infrastructure development catering the needs of the buyers. Entertainment and leisure opportunities including well-developed public gardens and parks, multiplexes, drama theatres and auditoriums, which attract middle income buyers
- Proximity to the Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park, Hinjewadi and the Mumbai-Bangalore bypass has boosted the real estate market. Some of the important infrastructure development happened in the western corridor are Dange Chowk Flyover, Aundh-Ravet BRT Road & Sanghvi Flyover the proposed Pune Ring-road project to ease the traffic congestion on the Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad roads will further be added as another feather in the cap. It will be a six-lane road with two service lanes. The road would connect fringes of Pune, Pimpri Chinchwad, and connect Wakad, Baner, Pashan, Chandni Chowk, Katraj, Kesnand, Lonikand, Tulapur, Murkal, Alandi, Dehu, Kiwale, Undri Pisoli, Holkarwadi, Wadki etc
- Ravet – One of the Top 10 Investment Destinations in India – as per Knight Frank Investment Advisory is located in West Pune
- One of the largest IT Park of India – The Hinjewadi IT Park is located in West Pune. Kothrud, Baner and Aundh also have some of the mid-sized IT Parks located in its vicinity. West Pune also offers great connectivity to the automotive hub of Pimpri and the industrial pockets of Chakan, PCMC, and Talegaon City. The location is perfect in terms of investment
- Top Industries such as, Information Technology, Manufacturing, Education, and hospitality have gained major growth in the western part of Pune
- Retail is also beginning to take off convincingly on the western side, with numerous shopping malls being planned here
- It offers a wide-ranging housing options such as; 1/2/3/4 BHK apartments, Penthouses, Duplexes, Villas/Bungalows and plots
- Uninterrupted supply of electricity and water is an advantage for these localities. Sewerage management in the region is also well-established
- No dearth of public transports, making commuting easier for the residents by the Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Limited (PMPML) buses
- Major Hospitality Brands have their presence in this part. Some of them are; Holiday Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, VITS, Orchid, Sayaji, Gateway by Taj, Seasons, etc
- Super Speciality Hospitals like Aditya Birla Hospital, Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Chellaram Diabetes Institute, Medipoint, Sahyadri Hospital, Aundh Chest Hospital, Apex Hospital, are some of the well-established health care centres in this locality
- This locality is also known for some of the popular education institutes such as Moze’s Engineering College, National Insurance Academy, MITCON, INDIRA, NICMAR, Dr. D. Y. Patil College, Balaji Group of Institutes, Sahyadri Institute of Management, Rajiv Gandhi Business School, Sinhagad College, IBMR & many more
- For weekend getaways:
- 30-45 minutes’ drive to Lonavala from any area of West Pune
- Pune-Bangalore highway (NH4) is just minutes away from any area of West Pune
- Central Mumbai in just 1.5 hours away from the Hinjewadi Bridge
- 1 hour away from proposed new international airport at Navi Mumbai
The interesting part is that, earlier people would go to Koregaon Park if they are looking for a high-end apartment in Pune, but today in western Pune, one can get a plethora of quality residential properties.
Demand for 1 & 2 BHK apartments in Baner, Balewadi, Wakad, Hinjewadi & Bavdhan is popular among many home buyers for those who are seeking for small yet accessible homes in western Pune localities.
For individuals seeking for properties in these locations can get advisory support from PropZapper Consultancy Pvt. Ltd., which is one of its kind Sales and Marketing service provider for home buyers across Pune. PropZapper helps in reaching out to the best of the desired property by considering customer’s requirements & preferences. It is an end-to-end service provider. PropZapper takes care of both pre-sales & post-sales services in order to give its customers a hassle–free home buying experience.
|Pune West Localities||(Average Buy Price) INR/per sq.ft.||(Average Rent-2BHK) INR/Month|
|Kothrud||INR 9420/sqft||INR 16700/month|
|Aundh||INR 8590/sqft||INR 19500/month|
|Baner||INR 7220/sqft||INR 16600/month|
|Bavdhan||INR 6800/sqft||INR 13900/month|
|Balewadi||INR 6540/sqft||INR 15800/month|
|Pimple Saudagar||INR 6480/sqft||INR 15500/month|
|Pashan||INR 6460/sqft||INR 15700/month|
|Wakad||INR 6070/sqft||INR 14700/month|
|Hinjewadi||INR 5770/sqft||INR 13800/month|
To conclude, the major reason why the western region of Pune is gaining interest among the home buyers is the fact that it is well connected to major highways, and offers good connectivity not only to the neighboring localities, but also to Mumbai & Bangalore. This makes the belt a preferred location for end users as well as investors from Mumbai and other nearby cities, who can expect good returns in the long-term. The rapid growth and the rising demand for residential properties, sets western Pune to reach new heights in the near future.